I saw Katytastic do this tag and it looked fun, so let’s do this!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I ask people what I should read, and they tell me. That or I start reading the first pages of all of the books on my shelves until I get sucked in. I’m constantly making priority lists in my head though for what I want to read next, so this isn’t usually too hard.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I end up putting it “on hold” which means my Currently-Reading list is massive. I hate quitting books, but I’m also too easily distracted to plough through without a break in between. This break can last years.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Novellas. Short stories. Graphic novels. Also cheating and lowering that Goodreads challenge.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I usually don’t own full series on my bookshelves anyway, so this isn’t really a problem.
That being said, if they change the last book cover of the Raven Cycle, I will be upset.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Also here is good.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I don’t usually cry while reading books, but if I get super emotional I’ll just put it down for a while and pretend it doesn’t exist while sobbing internally.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Look up the synopsis on Goodreads/Wikipedia. Or power through it and hope.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I actually don’t mind people borrowing my books as long as they treat them well and return them, and I haven’t had any bad experiences yet. So yeah. Next.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I don’t. I watch youtube videos instead. Or I reread something. Or I read a graphic novel. But mostly the youtube videos thing.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
If I want a book really badly, I’ll just buy it. If it’s not that pretty, or not that long, or if I’m not that desperate, I’ll take it out from the library.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It can be several years. It can be two minutes. Who knows.
So this was fun. I like not having to come up with the questions myself.
Answer this if you want. I won’t tag people because I am lazy.
See you next time!