How awesome is this cover?
It comes out 29th August 2013 (this year!) and is the third in the Department 19 series of 5)
And obviously because I’m taking about the 3rd book in a series, there will be spoilers to the others ahead.
Summary from Goodreads:
It’s always darkest before dawn.
Secret government unit Department 19 is recovering from evil vampire Valeri Rusmanov’s deadly attack on their base. The Department’s newest member, teenage operator Jamie Carpenter, is tasked with training up a new squad, as his friends and colleagues desperately search for ways to try to stop what is coming.
The timing couldn’t be worse for a coordinated, global attack on a number of maximum security prisons and hospitals—with the already-dangerous inmates now on the loose and turned into vampires. One of the escapees has a deep connection to one of the darkest moments in the history of Department 19 and embarks on a quest that threatens to expose the existence of vampires to the public. And with each day that passes, the regenerated Dracula gets stronger, bringing Zero Hour closer.
In this third instalment of the epic Department 19 series, Will Hill delivers higher—and sharper—stakes than ever before
The previous two books (links to the reviews on the pictures):
I love how all of them match up so well! It’s just one of those series that I can imagine sitting on a shelf with no doubt that they all belong together and to separate buying them would be a sin.
In the next 3 books:
What I hope will happen:
- A cure for vampirism will be discovered/ vampires will eat all the humans then die out because of the sudden blood intake/ loss
- A reunion between Jamie and his dad.
- Frankenstein will regain his memory.
- Larissa will get to see her brother again.
- Jamie will stop being an idiot.
- Jamie’s mum will finally warm to Larissa.
- Jamie and Valentin will become friends.
- Frankenstein will get his memory back.
Questions that I hope will be answered:
- How did Jamie’s dad survive?
- What did he do for the first few years before looking for a cure for his vampire wife?
- Why does Dracula want Seward?
- What is Kate’s dad going to do?
What I think will happen:
- Dracula will die along with Valeri.
- Valentin, Larissa and Jamie’s mum will be cured.
- Seward will die. ;(
- There will be an awesome massive fight.
- When Jamie sees his dad he will beat him up.
- Frankenstein or Julian will die.
- Kate and Matt will get together.
- Jamie might get bitten by a vampire
August 29th please hurry up and come!