I LOVE THE CHARACTERS, I LOVE THE PLOT, I LOVE THE WRITING STYLE, I LOVE THE AUTHOR, I LOVE THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you can probably tell this book is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! This book is the second in a series, called the Benny Imura series, by Jonathan Maberry. The first book in the series is called Rot and Ruin (as seen in an earlier review) and the next two books are called Flesh and Bone, and Fire and Ash!- but they haven’t been released yet… ;( This book could even be better than the first!!! (which, if you haven’t read the first book, is very hard to beat…)
This book follows the story of Benny Imura, as he goes into the Rot and Ruin with his friends, towards the East, to try to find the jet!!! The main part of the story starts when they go out into the Rot and Ruin for an overnight camping trip, for practice!, but pretty much as soon as they go out they run into trouble…😀 I mean, getting attacked by a rhino is trouble right ?(!)😀 and then they find out that CHARLIE PINK EYE COULD BE ALIVE!!! (note. I did say could…- YOU HAVE TO READ THE BOOKS!!!) Dum. Dum. Dum!!!
Usually I really like face- paced books and don’t get me wrong, this is a really fast-paced book… just sometimes I found that it was perhaps too fast- paced. Some parts were a little rushed, as pretty much the whole contents of the book happens in under a week (I think…), but even so THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!
It was really good how we got to watch them develop- especially Chong. At the end, it was so sad… and he just took it so easily… (I know it sounds like he dies, but he doesn’t!). Another character who I enjoyed watching develop was Lilah; how she gradually became more like a teenage girl, than a lonely hunter… and it was so sweet when she finally accepted Chong’s flirtatious comments… :D… Chong is so funny…😀
He is so awesome he gets his own paragraph. He is just such a nice person, and he is an awesome brother… I wish I had a brother like that… He is also so funny and it is really good that he is still able to make us laugh; he has been through so much… like with Nix’s mum dying and him almost dying… ;( And I really need to have a rant about what happens at the end, because none of my friends have read it because they couldn’t be bothered to, because they didn’t like Rot and Ruin (SHOCK ;O – and they are supposed to be my friends… ) So as I am about to rant about a major plot spoiler, so be careful, if you don’t want to look…- I was going to type it in white… but it didn’t work… ;(
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE HE DIES… HE WAS MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER AND I CANNOT BELIEVE HE DIES… I AM STILL IN SHOCK, and I read this a few months back… HE WAS AWESOME… AND THEN JONATHAN MABERRY DECIDED TO KILL HIM OF… I wish he had killed Nix… She really annoys me… and TOM IS SO MUCH MORE AWESOME…. How the hell are Benny and his friends supposed to survive now?… and if he died in this book, and Nix’s mum died in the first… WHO IS GOING TO DIE NEXT…!!!!???? (Please don’t let it be Chong or Lilah or Benny- THAT ONLY LEAVES NIX!!!)
It was funny, and for that it gets it’s own paragraph!
The main bad guys
THEY WERE SO EVIL…. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY DID WHAT THEY DID… And sorry, but I have to go on another rant…- it will be in invisible ink again! (and by that, I mean, black!)
PREACHER JACK AND THE WHITE BEAR WERE SO EVIL!!!, EVEN THOUGH CHARLIE DID DESERVE IT… But… he was their family… and I can’t believe that they put him into a zombie pit… EVIL. EVIL. EVIL. But I have to admit, they are smart… because they did get part of what they wanted…; Tom died by their hand… ;(
It says all that needs to be said for a zombie apocalyptic book.
Some are quite lengthy, but they are all really good!!!😀
- “It’s important to know the past, but your survival depends on knowing the present”
- “No matter what choice you make, it doesn’t define you. Not forever. People can make bad choices and change their minds and hearts and do good things later; just as people can make good choices and then turn around and walk a bad path. No choice we make lasts our whole life. If there’s ever a choice you’ve made that you no longer agree with, you can make another choice”
- “Walls, towns, rules, and day-to-day life doesn’t make us civilized … That’s organization and ritual. Civilization lives in our hearts and heads or it doesn’t exist at all”
- “Then you might be the cavalry,” said Tom, “but I’m Santa Claus. Let’s go downstairs and open some presents”
- “…but it was death that changed. People are still people. Some good, some bad. Death changed, and we don’t know what death really means anymore. Maybe that was the point. Maybe this is an object lesson about the arrogance of our assumptions. Hard to say. But the world? She didn’t change. She healed. We stopped hurting her and she began to heal. You can see it all around. The whole world is a forest now. The air is fresher. More trees, more oxygen”
Overall I love this book! It is amazing!! I strongly suggest for all of you readers out there to go and read it!!! 5 SHURIKEN STARS!!!- and I’m not always that nice…😀 Do yourselves a favour, and get your hands on this book!!!! It is, in my opinion, THE BEST ZOMBIE BOOK IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!