I LOVE THIS BOOK! IT IS AMAZING! IT’S ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITES! I LOVE THE CHARACTERS AND THE PLOT AND THE WRITING STYLE, AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING!
Ok, I’ll try to stop ranting… But OH MY GOD THIS BOOK IS AWESOME!
One of the best books in the world. (I was so tempted to leave it at just that.)
It follows the story of Benny Imura who survived the zombie apocalypse. He lives in a small town which belongs to a group of towns called the Mountainside (for obvious reasons). have to find a part time job, and he ends up having to do a job with his older brother, Tom, who he hates. The book basically talks about how zombies are people too so it’s wrong to mistreat them – you wouldn’t mistreat a corpse, and zombies are a type of corpse, only they’re half alive.
THERE AREN’T ANY CONS… except that the beginning was quite slow… BUT OTHER THAN THAT THERE AREN’T ANY.
TOM – I love him, he’s so awesome! He is so sweet when someone dies, and he’s a good brother. (I know my brother wouldn’t ever do any of the things that he did for Benny)
Benny: He is so funny because he is sometimes so idiotic.
Nix: I don’t actually like her that much. She’s just so needy and she always blames stuff on other people, but I found it interesting watching her develop and becoming tougher and stronger. It’s amazing at the end, that after all she has been though she still is half sane.
Charlie: HE IS PURE EVIL. But to be fair, he is smart – in fact I actually admire his smartness,especially with his traps. He is also very ruthless.
Lilah: She is so cool! I cannot believe that she was able to survive for so long just on her own! It must have been a really lonely life and I feel really sorry for her 😦
It was so breathtaking and awesome that I was overwhelmed.
I know this is quite a small point, but I felt that it deserved to be mentioned. I loved the quotes that separated each of the different sections of the book, One that I really liked was the last one:
“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air… but only for one second without hope.” – Hal Lindsey
It suited the book so well and it was really sweet and inspirational.
- “There are moments that define a person’s whole life. Moments in which everything they are and everything they may possibly become balance on a single decision. Life and death, hope and despair, victory and failure teeter precariously on the decision made at that moment. These are moments ungoverned by happenstance, untroubled by luck. These are the moments in which a person earns the right to live, or not.”
- “Closure isn’t closure until someone’s ready to close the door”
- “Often it was the most unlikely people who found within themselves a spark of something greater. It was probably always there, but most people are never tested, and they go through their whole lives without ever knowing that when things are at their worst, they are at their best.”
- “They won the war but lost the peace”
- “That’s stupid.”
- “We had the whole ‘when you assume you make an ass out of you and me’ speech in school”
Overall THIS BOOK IS AMAZING! IT IS THE BEST ZOMBIE BOOK EVER! The concept of it really twists and turns your mind. It is easily 5 shuriken stars. As I don’t want this review to be all about me ranting, if you want to take anything away from this review you should take this: GO BUY A COPY OF THIS BOOK! 😀